- For the purposes of this agreement, the “Organisation” shall refer to Bucks Students’ Union of Queen Alexandra Road, High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire HP11 2JZ, United Kingdom – a registered charity in England and Wales (charity registration number 1144820, VAT number GB 669 0980 87).
- All references to the “Customer” in this agreement refer to any company, organisation or individual who shall enter into any purchase or hire agreement with the Organisation.
- The Organisation reserves the right to change these conditions, any agreements will be subject to the terms and conditions at the date and time of order. Copies of the appropriate terms and conditions are available at www.bucksstudentsunion.org/tac.
- These terms and conditions are subject to English law and the jurisdiction of English Courts.
- The Organisation accepts payment by credit card, debit card, BACS or cash on collection/delivery.
- If the Customer is invoiced, payment must be received by the Organisation within 30 days from the date of the invoice or by the date of collection of hired equipment, or before the start date of training courses or events, whichever is earlier.
- Deposits may be taken at the discretion of the Organisation in advance of the hire of equipment and the provision or reservation of goods or services.
- Prices quoted exclude VAT with the exception of advertising and marketing media where prices are inclusive of VAT where applicable.
- Late payments will be subject to fixed charges and interest.
- Interest will be applied to any account not paid after 30 days from the date of invoice (or other relevant notification of charges due). The interest rate will be charged in accordance with the Late Payment of Commercial Debts (Interest) Act 1998. For consumer debts, interest will be charged at 8% per annum.
- Fixed late payment charges will be applied to all commercial debt exceeding the payment terms in accordance with the Late Payment of Commercial Debt Regulations 2002. For consumer debts, a fixed fee of £40 per invoice will be charged for late payment.
- The Organisation does not hold any Customer’s card details on file or store Customer financial information.
Deposits for activities
- The Organisation’s members benefit from free activities and skills sessions under The Big Deal. The Organisation may require a deposit from members to guarantee places.
- Deposits are refundable following attendance.
- If a member is unable to attend a session, 24 hours notice must be given to be eligible for a deposit refund.
- To cancel a place, members must email email@example.com and include the transaction reference number, full name and student ID number.
- Failure to provide sufficient notice of non-attendance deems the deposit non-refundable.
Contribution to activities
- Agreement by the Customer to make a contribution towards activities held by the Organisation will be subject to the payment terms detailed in 5.0-7.0.
Sale of goods
- Payment for goods purchased by the Customer must be received at point of sale. The Organisation does not provide credit terms for the purchase of goods.
- The Customer may exchange goods received that are faulty or damaged.
- The Customer will need to return the goods to the Organisation in the condition that they were received to agree an exchange with a representative of the Organisation.
- Where the Organisation deems the damage is a result of misuse, accidental or deliberate damage by the Consumer the Organisation reserves the right to withhold any exchange.
- The Customer may choose not to keep a purchase, they can request a refund within 28 days of the purchase. Any refund is subject to the approval of the Communications and Marketing Manager. Approved refunds will be processed on return of the goods, in the condition they were received.
Online sale of goods
- The online store can be accessed at bucksstudentsunion.org/shop and is operated by the Organisation.
- The Customer may only purchase products:
- Available for sale and the details of which appear on the Organisations online store.
- For personal use, either by the Customer or by the intended recipient(s) of the products. The Organisation reserves the right to decline any order that it has reasonable cause to believe is for onward sale other than through distribution channels approved by the Organisation.
- Details of the products available for purchase (including their price) are set out on the Organisations online store. The Organisation takes all reasonable care to ensure that all details, descriptions and prices of products appearing on the online store are correct at the time when placed onto the store. Although every effort is made to keep the store as up-to-date as possible, the information appearing at a particular time may not always reflect the position exactly at the moment the Customer places an order.
- Once the Customer has selected the products to be ordered, clicking on the checkout button at the end of the checkout process is deemed to have made a binding offer for the sale of goods. The Customer’s offer at this stage is still subject to the Organisation’s acceptance
- The Organisation is deemed to have accepted the Customers offer, and a corresponding contract of sale for the products ordered by the Customer is concluded, upon those products being shipped to the Customer.
- The Organisation may refuse or be unable to process the Customers order where:
- The product ordered is discontinued or no longer available.
- The Customer’s credit card does not give authorisation for the payment of the purchase price.
- The Customer does not meet the eligibility to order criteria set out above.
- The Customer has the right to cancel the order within seven working days of receipt of the order unless the goods have been personalised.
- If the Customer cancels the order the Organisation will refund the full purchase price excluding delivery charges.
- Refunds are subject to the Customer returning the goods, as new, unused and unworn.
- On receipt of the cancelled goods the Organisation will process any refund within fourteen days.
- Personalised orders are exempt from the standard returns policy and cannot be changed or cancelled after the date of purchase, except where the order is damaged or faulty. If the order is damaged or faulty then the rest of the returns policy applies. Please note that personalised orders include graduation merchandise and any sports kit.
- If the Customer wishes to exchange goods purchased:
- The Organisation will dispatch replacement items within seven days of receiving the Customer’s order back – providing the order is returned, as new, unused and unworn.
- Customers exchanging goods won’t be eligible for a refund of the initial delivery or the return delivery charges (the cost for returning the goods to the Organisation).
- The Customer may be required to pay an additional fee for postage before the replacement item(s) are dispatched.
- If the Customer receives damaged or faulty goods the Organisation will offer an exchange or refund the full purchase price.
- When processing a refund the Customer will receive all delivery charges and return postal charges on production of a receipt or proof of purchase to the Organisation.
- If damaged or faulty goods are exchanged the Organisation will dispatch replacements within seven working days of receiving the original goods back from the Customer at no cost to the Customer.
- If goods are exchanged the Organisation will refund the Customer for postal charges to return damaged and faulty goods on production of a receipt or proof of purchase.
- If the Customer returns goods, they must be accompanied by the delivery documentation and sent to the Organisation at the registered address – outlined in section 1.0.
- The Customer must include a list the goods being returned.
- The Customer must explain why the goods have been returned.
- When returning goods by post please allow seven days for your parcel to reach the Organisation.
- The Organisation will process returned goods within seven days of receipt.
- Reasonable care must be taken when packaging the parcel and returning it so that goods are not damaged in transit.
- The Customer is advised to use a carrier that offers both traceability and appropriate insurance.
- The Organisation reserves the right to modify or withdraw, temporarily or permanently, the Organisation’s online store, or any part thereof, with or without notice to the Customer.
Provision of services
- Payment for services will be required on completion of the provisions agreed, or within 30 days of the date of invoice, whichever is earlier.
- The Customer will need to raise any concerns regarding the services provided immediately. Failure to do so will result in the Organisations limited ability to address any concerns and may result in the services agreed to being charged at full cost to the Customer.
- Any concerns should be raised with the representative of the Organisation who agreed the provision of services with the Customer.
- The Customer has the right to cancel services ordered.
- Notice of cancellation must be received in writing prior to the commencement of services by the Organisation.
- Cancellation of services, after the date of commencement, will result in the Customer being liable for the cost of services delivered, as determined by the Organisation.