Staff Celebration Nomination
‘Staff Celebration’ is an opportunity for us to celebrate members of staff who have gone above and beyond, inspired us, and deserve recognition.
The criteria for Staff Celebration mirrors the criteria for the three ELT Awards:
- Excellence and Innovation in Student Learning Support
- Demonstrating Excellence in Academic Leadership
- Excellence and Innovation in Learning and Teaching Practice
In order to be nominated, the staff member must meet the following criteria:
- Enhancing the student learning experience. For example: by arousing curiosity to stimulate and inspire learning, organising and presenting resources cogently and imaginatively, recognising and supporting diversity of student learning needs, drawing on relevant research, scholarship and professional practice and engaging with and contributing to established literature or building your own evidence base for future publication.
- Raising the profile of excellence and support for student learning within the University and beyond if appropriate. For example: by contributing to the development and leadership of colleagues in promoting student learning contribution to departmental/ faculty/ University/ national initiatives to facilitate student learning, and/ or support towards meaningful and positive change with respect to pedagogic practice, policy and/ or procedure.
- Developing excellence - the nominees’ commitment to his / her ongoing professional development with regard to teaching and learning and/ or learning support. For example evidence of the ongoing review and enhancement of individual practice, engagement in scholarly activity and professional development activities, the review and enhancement of individual practice and contribution to improvements in the student learning, teaching and assessment experience.
Each Staff Celebration winner is awarded the following:
- Staff Celebration certificate
- Nomination for ELT Awards
- Invitation to Union Awards
- Write up in newspaper/ social media
- Head of School informed of achievement
- Flowers and additional gift
All students and staff can submit nominations for Staff Celebration. Following this, the Representation Team will review all nominations and choose a winner when appropriate.