Wednesday 13 March 2019
Uxbridge - Room 1.06
10am - 1pm
This course is designed for those with no prior knowledge of autism, and is therefore suitable for anyone with an interest in the subject, although it is especially recommended for all new health care sector employees. Autism covers a wide range of social, speech and communication disabilities, and delegates will learn how to manage any variation whilst remaining understanding of the behavioural difficulties which it can cause. The training fulfils recommendations underlined by the CQC to help improve the quality of care provided to those with autism.
Outline of Programme
- Introduction to autism.
- Causes, symptoms and diagnosis.
- Autism Triad of Impairments.
- Dealing with difficult behaviour.
- Understanding and working with Autistic individuals.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) including Asperger’s syndrome.
- Differentiate between Autism and Asperger’s.
- Common misconceptions about Autism.
- Legal responsibilities and legislation.
BOOKING INFORMATION COMING SOON
Please contact email@example.com if you have any further questions.