Award for Personal Licence Holders
Guided learning hours: 6-7 hours
- The roles, responsibilities and functions of licensing authorities within the framework of the licensing objectives.
- The application process for a personal licence.
- The role and legal responsibilities of the personal licence holder, and the penalties relating to the failure to comply with the law.
- The premises licence.
- The content and purpose of operating schedules.
- The role and duties of the designated premises supervisor.
- Unauthorised and temporary licensable activities.
- Rights of entry to licensed premises.
- Police powers with regard to suspension and closure of licensed premises.
- The specific prohibitions for the sale of alcohol.
- The strengths of alcoholic drinks and the effects of alcohol on the human body.
- The protection of children from harm.
- The responsible retail sale of alcohol.
Assessment: 40 question multiple choice exam
Certified outcome: Accredited certificate – on completion of this course, candidates will hold a licensing qualification with which they can apply for their personal licence.
Price per person: £125+VAT