Wednesday 12 February 2020
10am - 1pm
This course is designed for those with no prior knowledge of autism, and is therefore suitable for anyone with an interest in the subject, although it is especially recommended for all those looking to work in the health sector. Autism covers a wide range of social, speech and communication disabilities, and you will learn how to manage any variation whilst remaining understanding of the behavioural difficulties which it can cause. The training fulfils recommendations underlined by the CQC to help improve the quality of care provided to those with autism.
Outline of Programme
- Introduction to autism.
- Causes, symptoms and diagnosis.
- Autism Triad of Impairments.
- Dealing with difficult behaviour.
- Understanding and working with Autistic individuals.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) including Asperger’s syndrome.
- Differentiate between Autism and Asperger’s.
- Common misconceptions about Autism.
- Legal responsibilities and legislation.
You will be expected to engage in a number of group activities. Our experienced trainers will be on hand to help guide you through these sessions and a certificate will be awarded upon completion.
£5 deposit will be refunded once you have attended the session.
Reserve your place here
Any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.