On 11th and 12th of December, popular indie music fanzine, Speakeasy, take over the award-winning Bucks Students’ Union with a specially curated weekend of music and community for Volume One of what will be an annual event.
Saturday kicks off at 3.30pm where live music across two stages takes us through to 1am as Sleeper’s Louise Wener closes the evening with a DJ set of indie classics.
Performing live we have the brilliant Space, who graced the national Top 20 seven times with hits including ‘Female of the Species’, ‘Neighbourhood’, and ‘Avenging Angels’, alongside heroes of the '90s Thames Valley scene Thousand Yard Stare, whose recent album, The Panglossian Momentum, featured on many Best of 2020 lists.
We’re extremely excited to have Liverpool’s The Real People bringing their incredible live show to the event as well as welcoming The Kynd back in 2021 with brilliant new music after a 20-year hiatus.
Completing Saturday’s line up are two wonderful newer acts truly deserving our further attention, The Institutes and Nadia Sheikh, with a rare live outing from local legends Triple Blind.
All that plus smokehouse barbeque and vegan/vegetarian food vendors, merch stalls, a themed cocktail bar and the Brithop Brewing Company providing specialist beers and lagers.
Sunday starts at 10.30am with The Big Breakfast – join us for a delicious brunch and great coffee or savor the prosecco and mocktail bar while we hold an auction in support of our charity partner Safe Gigs For Women, engage in '90s music themed Rock and Roll Bingo, and enjoy a Q&A with performers from across the weekend, hosted by The Britpop Revival Show.
But not to be missed will be a superb stripped back set from Tara Milton (Five Thirty/The Nubiles) and a full band show from the sensational My Life Story, a truly astonishing live proposition. Now that’s how to do Sunday properly…
The entire weekend is just £25 if you get tickets early…do not miss out!
Bucks Students’ Union has won awards for its live music provision (with a state-of-the-art PA system designed and installed by the same team as the Albert Hall!) alongside holding the national Platinum ‘Best Bar None’ accreditation for corporate social responsibility, customer care, and safety. The venue is fully accessible, offers free parking, and is situated in the town centre just minutes from a range of reasonably priced hotels.
Where: The Venue, Bucks Students’ Union, Queen Alexandra Road, High Wycombe, Bucks, HP11 2JZ. Venue website: https://bit.ly/3vnUKKq
When: Saturday 11th and Sunday 12th December 2021
Tickets: Early bird tickets only £25 for both days £30 thereafter.
For more info: email@example.com
1. Under 16s are free but must be accompanied by a parent or guardian that has a valid ticket. Constant supervision of under 16s is required, as a venue is not a playground.
2. All over 16s require a ticket
3. All under 18s must leave the venue once the live music finishes
4. Please bring your tickets with you to the show, either on your phone or printed out - the choice is yours!
5. Please note if you are lucky enough to look under 25, please bring a form of ID with you if you want to purchase alcohol.
6. Food and drink are available at the event, at very reasonable prices. Due to licensing reasons please do not bring your own alcohol.
7. Both stages are indoors, there is limited seating available
8. The venue is fully accessible, if you require anything specific please get in touch and we will be happy to help - firstname.lastname@example.org
9. Please do not bring your own camping chair or furniture to the event as these will not be allowed on entry
10. Line up is subject to change