If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is ... People aged between 16-34 account for over half the scams reported in the UK
- 20% of people aged between 16-34 have been scammed, compared to 4% who are aged 55+
- Top three frauds are:
- Cheque , plastic card and bank account
- Online shopping and auction fraud (e.g. eBay)
- Application fraud (excluding mortgages)
- £2.35 billion lost in fraud in 2021
- Around 85% of letting agencies were found to be non compliant for a number of reasons e.g. charging tenants non-permitted fees, not being a member of Property Ombudsman or Property Redress scheme
Come along to this talk by Bucks and Surrey Trading Standards discussing how to spot a scam, how to avoid it, and how to report it! Focusing on Landlord and Letting Agency Scams, Online Shopping Scams, Phsihing, and Counterfeit Goods!
Reserve your place now!