Period of Work:
High Wycombe Campus -Sunday 22nd September – Sunday 6th October 2019 inclusive
Uxbridge Campus - as above plus other dates w/c 16th September (tbc) for Post Registration Inductions
HW Students - Please ensure you are confident you can work every day in the first week before you apply.
Important dates: Training for High Wycombe Freshers Helpers Friday 20th September 2019.
HW students - Please check you can commit to the training before you submit an application.
Opportunity: To help students integrate into Buckinghamshire New University and the local community and provide a friendly welcome to new students during the first two weeks of term. As part of a team, organise trips and activities for students, provide information about Bucks Students’ Union and local services and socialise with Freshers as well as acting as ambassadors for Bucks New Uni and Bucks Students’ Union.
- Hourly pay at £7.78 for Freshers Helpers and £8.78 for Head Freshers Helpers (including annual leave allowance)
- Generating new/creative ideas
- Temporary employment - no need to commit long term
- Building interpersonal Skills
- Building verbal communication skills
- Working as part of a team
- Opportunity to work on own initiative
- Opportunity to problem solve
- Experience in working in a pastoral role
- Can broaden cultural awareness
- Citizenship – sense of making a difference to individuals, carrying out a worthy role and satisfaction in helping create a great student community amongst the new students
- Helping fellow students settle into University life, i.e. being away from home for the first time and introduction to the Higher Education regimen and routines
Read the full opportunity profiles here:
Freshers Helper Opportunity Profile
Head Freshers Helper Opportunity Profile
To apply, complete the application form and equal opportunities monitoring form and send them to firstname.lastname@example.org