Events and Technical Assistant
Location: High Wycombe Campus
Department: Commercial Services – Events team
Grade/salary: Starting from £150 per week, up to 25 hrs a week with option of extra paid opportunities
Contract type: Fixed, 40 weeks
Dates: 17 Sept 2019 - 16 June 2020
Main purpose of the job
To directly assist the Events & Licensed Trade Manager, Events Assistant and other commercial managers in securing, preparing and completing hires, promoting all our commercial avenues, whilst maintaining the technical side of all equipment on and off site. To develop the commercial programme (including but not limited to Events, Venue and BucksHire) ensuring everything is in line with Bucks Students’ Unions strategic plan and values.
This role is ideal for individuals starting as a freelancer and require a constant income to relieve the pressure of finding the next job or students that want experience and a consistent income whilst studying.
Events & Licensed Trade Manager.
Maintaining, monitoring and reporting back on all technical enquires.
Key roles will be:
- Maintaining venue and hire equipment ensuring everything is to clean and in full working order
- To ensure all venue and hire equipment is tested and meets the legal & safety requirements (PAT testing etc)
- To ensure all consumables are regularly ordered and kept stocked.
- To assist the Events & Licensed Trade Manager in promoting and evaluating a wide ranging programme of events for our membership and the wider community.
- To assist the Events & Licensed Trade Manager in promoting BucksHire to potential new customers and gaining new contacts and leads where required.
- To develop skills and training with a view to support the commercial department.
- Managing the Venue Tech staff rota and ensuring adequate staff are in place for events, hires and external requests at approval from the Events & Licensed Trade Manager.
- To assist where needed in the venue & at external events as required.
- To ensure the provision of a high quality service is championed at all times.
You can view the full specification here.
To apply, complete an application form and equal opportunities monitoring form and send them to firstname.lastname@example.org