£9.00 - £9.50 an hour
We are looking for compassionate and caring staff who are interested in making a difference. If you would like to join the Westgate team, we would love to hear from you!
Hampden Hall Care Centre is a 120 bedded care home with a lively atmosphere where we support elderly residents with a variety of care and nursing needs.
We are currently recruiting a Weekend Receptionist who is able to work independently, deliver excellent customer service on Reception and assist with the Home's administration as and when required. The successful candidate will be committed to working within a care home environment and will be the first point of contact for all visitors to the home, where you will provide a warm welcome to anyone visiting or telephoning the home.
Job type: Part time, permanent
Hours: Saturday and Sunday, 10am-4pm
Location: Hampden Hall Care Centre, Tamarisk Way, Aylesbury, Bucks, HP22 5ZB
DUTIES WILL INCLUDE (BUT ARE NOT EXCLUSIVE TO):
- To provide a warm welcome to anyone visiting or telephoning the home and respond to any queries professionally and efficiently
- To provide secretarial support to the Home Manager and ensure the efficient running of the home
- To give advice on all types of care and services offered by the home when needed
- Report all accidents and incidents to the Person-in-Charge of the home
- Advise on the rules and procedures carried out in the event of fire
- Be responsible for security, appearance and general tidiness of the Reception area including notices, posters, brochures and maintaining plants, flowers, sweets, coffee machine etc
- Welcome visitors and relatives (offer tea and coffee) if waiting in reception
- Ensure all visitors sign in/out of the visitor’s book
- Receive and check all orders (except food) for the home, and distribute to appropriate departments
- Respond to all enquires for the home and send out the requested information in a timely and professional manner
- Deal with telephone enquiries, transferring calls and taking accurate written messages and pass on these messages in a timely manner
- Attend and participate in staff meetings if required
- Carry out any other reasonable duties within the overall function of the job and generally help the company to run an efficient and caring establishment
- Right to live and work in the UK
- Previous Receptionist experience is essential to be successful
- Excellent verbal/written communication
- Knowledge of basic office procedures and methods
- Good organisation skills and able to work as part of a team
- Computer skills – Microsoft Office and Excel
Hampden Hall Care Centre, Tamarisk Way, Aylesbury, Bucks, HP22 5ZB
“We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age."
Reference ID: HH-RECP-270420
Part-time hours: 12 per week
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Salary: £9.00 to £9.50 /hour