POST: Careers Coach
LOCATION: Aylesbury/Amersham/Wycombe Campus
JOB PURPOSE: To support students in their personal development, achievement and progression to Further or Higher education and/or employment. To support Curriculum Managers and Course Leaders to achieve high success rates and the development of employability and enterprise skills in all students in order that they are well prepared for the transition to the world of work. To support the development of Buckinghamshire College Group students as
- Resilient and reliable
- Adaptable and able to problem solve
- Creative and innovative
- Motivated and works independently
- Collaborative and a team player
- An excellent communicator
- English, maths and digitally literate
1. Support students in the development of their learning, employability and enterprise skills.
2. Act as the attendance officer for the curriculum area to support high standards and expectations of attendance and punctuality across the study programme.
3. Deliver the Careers Coaching Programme to classes of students and contribute to the development and sector specialism of the programme.
4. Take responsibility for recording and tracking student performance and successful completion of work.
5. Provide 1 to 1 sessions that support career planning and the development of the skills, attitude and behaviours required by employers.
6. Liaise regularly with Course Leaders to ensure all students are fully engaged and supported to succeed in all aspects of their study programme.
7. Support individual students in establishing and achieving their progression aims.
8. Implement strategies and support students in self-esteem and confidence building activities including working on developing a growth mind-set model that enables the realisation of ambitious goals.
9. Support students to write their targets and goals, review these regularly and log them on Grofar.
10. Support students with the UCAS process.
11. Create an environment that enhances the student experience and supports the development of the College Community.
12. Help to arrange and book activities, visits, trips; organise and run activities such as sports, enrichment, volunteering and enterprise.
13. Support students with the development of study skills.
14. Provide cover for classes of students across the Careers Coaching Programme as directed by the Head of Student Services or Curriculum Manager.
To apply for this role, email your CV to HR@buckscollegegroup.ac.uk