STUDENT STAFF VACANCIES
If you are looking for part time work for the next academic year, working on campus for your Students' Union is not only convenient but a fantastic opportunity to develop whilst you earn. As a 'Real Living Wage' employer and ranked the 2nd best Students' Union in the UK, being part of our team will provide you with transferable skills and experience to progress your career, as well as an income whilst you're studying.
We can offer you:
- competitive pay rates starting from over £12 per hour
- shifts that are flexible around your studies and other commitments
- extensive training and development opportunities, including formal qualifications
- the opportunity to contribute to the work of your Students' Union
- transferable skills in communication, networking, teamwork and leadership, amongst others!
Roles that will be available include:
- Freshers Helper
- Head Helper
- Office Support
- Bar Staff
- Bar Team Leader
- Event Security
- Welfare Liaison
- Event Staff
- Event Technician
- Venue Supervisor
What we expect of you:
- a customer service approach to work
- good communication skills
- to be polite, friendly and helpful
- a commitment to the Union's values to be dynamic, tenacious and inspiring
- the ability to plan your time to work shifts around your studies
- a keenness to be part of our high performing team
- demonstration of the Union’s approach to inclusivity and respect for all
- to consistently be an ambassador of the Students’ Union
What our student staff say they like about working for the SU:
"There are opportunities to gain qualifications while working which allows you to switch positions internally and learn new skills"
"I have felt so supported while working for this organisation"
"The flexibility it gives in order to work around your course and study time"
For more information or to express your interest in any of our vacancies, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for an applicant pack.
We look forward to welcoming you to our team!