About Bright Young Things Tuition
Bright Young Things Tuition is a growing brand of tuition centres across the south of the U.K. We bring our formula of high-quality tuition: exceptional tutors matched with bespoke pen and paper materials, giving students the time and attention they need to truly develop and embed key numeracy and literacy concepts across key stages 1-4.
Open in High Wycombe, Harrow, St Albans and now Maidenhead, we have already helped thousands of students gain the confidence, initiative and ability to truly fulfil their academic potential in and out of the classroom.
Benefits (of being a BYT Tutor)
- You'll receive hands-on training and be part of a growing, dynamic team.
- We're flexible - and this is the perfect role for a final year undergraduate student, a new graduate or someone pursuing a doctorate or masters. Or if you work freelance we offer flexible workinghours to the right candidate.
- We're expanding quickly and set to open a number of new centres in the coming year so we're offering lots of opportunity for progression towards assistant centre director and centre director roles.
The hourly rate of pay starts from £8-10 with the possibility to increase up to £15 with experience.
Likely hours are between 3 - 7.30 pm Monday to Friday and 9 am to 4 pm on Saturdays. We can offer as many or as few hours as wanted.
Requirements of the role
- We are looking for real communicators. The ideal candidates will be confident, pro-active, and able to adapt and deal with challenges in the moment with assurance.
- You'll be well versed and highly proficient in teaching Mathematics throughout Key Stages 1-4.
- You will have a sound knowledge of Edexcel, AQA, CIE and WJEC exam board requirements.
- You'll be at least a final year university student and be able to demonstrate a strong academic record.
- You'll be driven by working with children and parents. You'll be interested, energetic and engaged.
- You'll hold an enhanced DBS (if you don't at present we are able to organise one for you)
- We'll expect you to deliver our high standards of teaching and interact confidently with students and parents.
- In accordance with our hands-on training, you'll thoroughly familiarise yourself with our learning materials and how our classes run in order to deliver our tuition to our high standards.
- You'll display patience and empathy if a child is struggling and will be able to explain learning concepts he/she may have yet to grasp with full clarity.
- You'll work in cohesion to our Child Safeguarding Policy.
Job Type: Part-time
Register at https://centres.brightyoungthings.co.uk/byt-centres/signup/tutor