The University’s Council has agreed to extend its membership by the co-option of a current registered student of the University to the Council. This student will sit alongside the President of the Students’ Union, representing the voice of Bucks students.
The co-opted student member’s term will run until 31 July 2019.
Person specification/selection criteria:
- The University’s Council is made up from individuals with experience and skills across a broad range of professions, business and industry.
- The University and Council encourage, support and value diversity and welcome expressions of interest from any currently registered student studying directly with the University. Applications from part-time, post-graduate, mature or BAME students would be particularly welcome.
Experience and skills desired for the role:
- a broad understanding of the whole University community and demonstrable support for the ethos and mission of the University
- a strong interest in the Bucks’ student experience and more generally in the education sector and the role education plays in transforming lives
- good interpersonal skills – being confident to express views on behalf of the student body in a concise, fair and measured way
- committed to working as part of a team with other Council members and senior staff of the University
- able to think strategically, understand and engage with issues quickly, debate and contribute to discussions pro-actively and challenge rigorously
- able to devote time to preparing for and attending Council and sub-committee meetings – normally 9 x 2 hour meetings per year. Additional hours may be required for pre-reading Council papers.
- ambassadors for the University.
Download the interest form (PDF 152KB)