Vice President Education and Welfare
I’m Georgia, your Vice President Education and Welfare. I am one of three Sabbatical Officers and together we work as a team making life better for students at Bucks.
As a student I was involved with the Union in several different ways. I started working behind the Students’ Union bar, which gave me a small insight into how the organisation worked. I then became a student rep and later became the RAG ambassador.
Being a student rep and attending RepCon really inspired to be want to make a difference. After experiencing issues with course matters during my time as a student rep, I turned to Lauren for help. Lauren showed me how rewarding this role is and that is what made me run to be your new Vice President Education and Welfare. Winning the election made me so excited to be your new voice. I am here to support not only your course needs but also for your wellbeing.
My role in the Sabbatical team is to ensure you are getting the best from your academic experience while at Bucks. I will be spending time sitting on University panels and attending meetings being your representative and the student voice. I will also be running various welfare campaigns throughout the year.
I will also be working alongside the Advice Centre and the Representation teams to ensure you are getting the most out of your course and time at Bucks.
My door is always open, for matters big or small. If you have any ideas for academic or welfare campaigns come and have a chat.
- Celebrate the diversity at Bucks through a campaign called We Are One.
- Educate lecturers on the services the Union and University offer to students who are affected and or suffering from mental health issues.
- Offer extra support for international students.
- Carrying on showing support for Uxbridge students by visiting the campus once a week.
- Attend assessment criteria working groups to discuss how students’ education is measured.