International problems

You are here:

We know that coming from abroad to study in the UK can be challenging and that EU and international students can experience difficulties that UK students don’t

We offer support and advice to EU and international students on a range of queries and issues including visa and immigration, employment regulations, academic concerns, culture shock and money matters.

Below is a list of links to information about international and EU student issues that you may find helpful. If you cannot find the information here that you need or you would like to discuss something in confidence, then get in touch with us in the Advice Centre.

The team can help with:


For more information


Driving in the UK

For further information, contact the DVLA (Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency), telephone: 0300 790 6801

National Insurance number

If you or your prospective employer has any queries or difficulties you can contact the National Insurance enquiry line on: 0300 200 3500 or contact us in the Advice Centre.